To the point:
- OVH is trying hard to get all the lost data.
- The company also published a webpage to show the current status of all the services in Strasbourg data centers (SBG)
- However, A small number of internal backups are still non-recoverable.
The OVH Datacenter in France caught on fire, taking thousands of websites and businesses down with it, including popular plugins like WP Rocket and Imagify. A number of companies using social media channels to share updates with their clients.
⚠️Our hosting provider faced a major incident a few hours ago: a fire was declared in one of their DataCenter. Our website is impacted and we're currently working on a solution. We'll keep you informed.— WP Rocket ™ (@wp_rocket) March 10, 2021
OVH CEO Octave Klaba shared a video message explaining his team’s efforts to get the data centres back online, and the company has also created a webpage describing the status and backups of all of the data centres’ operations. However, it appears that, A small number of internal backups are still non-recoverable.
Moreover, some services are also being investigated, and may add to the list of non-recoverables.
Update March,15 / 1pm— Octave Klaba (@olesovhcom) March 15, 2021
Restarting of the servers
– the servers in some rooms have to be cleaned up because of the smoke: at least SBG3/Floor4+5, SBG1/61E+62E
– all others servers have to be inspected for the pollution risks
– check of the watercooling and then we start booting